Authorized License Holder No: AU55951
The air conditioning unit is one of the best features and one of the topmost priorities of what you may look for while buying a new car. It is one of the most prominent factors which determine how comfortable a vehicle is. And during the summers, it won’t be wrong to say that it’s the air conditioning that helps us keep our cool when stuck in a heavy jam. But lately, have you started feeling that your AC is not as effective as it used to be? Well, fret not! In this article, we’ll cover all the AC-related stuff that you need to know.
Signs that you need Auto Air conditioning service:
- AC not cooling enough or cabin temperature higher than normal: This can be due to a low refrigerant level or a failed compressor.
- Bad odor/smell from the AC: A faint or strong foul smell points to mold/mildew or moisture formation in the AC filter
- Loud whirring noise from the compressor or the fan: Loud high-pitched whirring noise while operating the AC can be due to a loose compressor bearing or a faulty blower fan.
- Water seeping inside the cabin: This indicates a blockage in the drain tube which directs the water outside
- Engine overheating: The clutch on the compressor can seize causing the compressor to put an unnecessary load and eventually overheating the engine.
If you are facing any of the above-mentioned issues, it may be an indicator that your vehicle needs AC servicing. The good news is that you are in the right place. We, at Bosch car service – Armstrong creek motors, proud for having a team of the best mechanics in Grovedale, who identify the issues with your car and treat them before they turn into major problems.
How long does AC servicing take?
It usually takes 3-4 hours to carry out the steps required for the proper functioning of your air conditioning. Some of the major steps involved are as follows:
- The residual gas is removed from the air conditioning system.
- The Cooling coil is taken out, cleaned properly, and fitted back.
- AC vents are then cleaned to ensure that there is no hindrance to the airflow due to the vents.
- The condenser is removed and cleaned properly and placed back.
- The gas is then refilled.
At Bosch car service – Armstrong creek motors we are well equipped to take care of your car air conditioning problems. We have a team of highly trained and experienced mechanics who are confident working with all major vehicle brands like Mercedes-Benz, VW, Peugeot, Volvo, Audi, Toyota, Honda, Mazda and Subaru at affordable mechanic charges.
Our team can take good care of all your Ac servicing needs like:
- Air vent and condenser temperature
- Suction line temperature readings
- Leak test system lines
- Pressure Gauge Connections
- Valve and thermostat integrity
- Drive belt and pulley adjustments
- Condenser fan hygiene
- Scan tool analysis for live data
How often should a car’s AC be serviced?
It is prescribed to get auto air conditioning service at least once a year.
Ideally, you should get your ac checked every time you turn your vehicle in for general servicing, and the issues found shall be dealt with.
Trust us for your next service:
We, at Bosch car service – Armstrong creek motors, have a team of the best mechanics across Geelong, Armstrong Creek, Torquay, Surfcoast and Ocean groove, and Regional Victoria, who are confident working with all major vehicle brands, with affordable mechanic charges.
So If you are facing any Air conditioning-related issues with your vehicle, drive in today for the best servicing experience. Give us a call today on 03 42060208 to discuss your car’s needs, or book online.
Armstrong Creek Motors. Bosch Car Service.
Mon – Fri : 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday – By Appointment Only
Sunday – closed